The acoustics kit allows students to carry out numerous experiments on acoustics independently. A wide variety of sound sources are studied to begin with and the concepts of noise, bangs and tones as well as pitch and loudness are investigated. Waves along a rope are used to illustrate harmonic vibrations and overtones. There is also some extensive study of various different musical instruments. Different high-pitched tones are generated by means of a monochord and the ensuing intervals are calculated experimentally. These studies are expanded to other instruments and can easily lead over to a study of musical notes.
Dimensions: 530x375x155 mm³ approx.
- Noise, bangs, pure tones
- Vibrating air columns
- Whistles and pipes
- Vibrating bars, plates and bells
- Tuning fork with plotter pen
- Travelling waves along a rope
- Velocity of propagation of sound
- Moving sources of sound (Doppler effect)
- Plate vibrations (Chladni figures)
- Vibrations of a bell
- Standing waves on a rope, overtones
- Sounds of musical instruments
- Timbre of the human voice
- Measurement of wavelength (Kundt figures)
- Helmholtz ball resonators
- Sound analysis
- Pitch of string instruments
- Pitch of wind instruments
- Reed pipe
- C-major scale and its intervals
- Triads, harmonies
- Semitones, major and minor
Weight: 4.5 kg approx.
- 1 Monochord, with ruler and musical scale
- 1 Steel string
- 1 Perlon string
- 1 Spring balance on support
- 1 Reed pipe with 8 valves
- 1 Tuning fork with plotter pen, 21 Hz
- 1 Tuning fork, 440 Hz
- 1 Light-metal tuning fork, 1700 Hz
- 1 Pipe
- 1 Variable-length closed air column
- 1 Tuned open air column
- 1 Chladni disc with handle
- 1 Galton whistle
- 1 Kundt pipe with retaining clip
- 5 g Lycopodium powder in sprinkling cellar
- 1 Metallophone with beater
- 1 Rope for demonstrating waves
- 1 Helmholtz resonator, 70 mm dia.
- 1 Helmholtz resonator, 52 mm dia.
- 1 Helmholtz resonator, 40 mm dia.
- 1 Helmholtz resonator, 32 mm dia.
- 1 Screw clamp
- 1 Plastic block
- 1 Plunger
- Weight : 14.66 lb
- Dimensions : 24.4 x 17 x 10.7 in
- Brand : 3B Scientific
- Item No. : U8440012 
- MPN: : U8440012
Click Image to Browse Print Catalog Page: